Tag: 3000一个月包学生


first_imgNews UpdatesBombay HC Allows 2008 Malegaon Blast Victim To Intervene In Lt. Col. Prasad Purohit’s Plea Challenging Prosecution Without Obtaining Prior Sanction Nitish Kashyap27 Nov 2020 12:17 AMShare This – xThe Bombay High Court on Friday allowed an intervention application filed by Nisar Ahmed Haji Sayed Bilal, a victim of the 2008 Malegaon blast who also lost his son in the blast, in the writ petition filed by accused Lt. Col. Prasad Purohit challenging the sanction granted to prosecute him as an accused in the case.Division bench of Justice SS Shinde and Justice MS Karnik had reserved the…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginThe Bombay High Court on Friday allowed an intervention application filed by Nisar Ahmed Haji Sayed Bilal, a victim of the 2008 Malegaon blast who also lost his son in the blast, in the writ petition filed by accused Lt. Col. Prasad Purohit challenging the sanction granted to prosecute him as an accused in the case.Division bench of Justice SS Shinde and Justice MS Karnik had reserved the order in the application on Wednesday after hearing both parties.Senior Advocate BA Desai appeared on behalf of the applicant victim and submitted a catena of judgments asserting the right of the victim to be heard in this case. He also informed the Court that he had been allowed to intervene before the trial court as well as other matters before the Supreme Court related to the same case.Previously, arguing on behalf of Purohit in his plea, former Attorney General of India Senior Advocate Mukul Rohatgi had submitted that gross injustice had been done to his client, who was merely discharging his duty. He said-“He was infiltrating ‘these groups’ on behalf of the military intelligence branch and no prior sanction to prosecute Lt Col Purohit was taken before the cognizance of offence was taken. After being released on bail he was reinstated in service. Whatever he was doing, he was simply discharging his duty.”Advocate Neela Gokhale appeared along with Sr Adv Rohatgi for the accused. The sanction to prosecute Lt Col Purohit was granted on January 17, 2009 by the then Maharashtra government. On September 29, 2008, a bomb explosion took place at Bhiku Chowk, Malegaon, Maharashtra, killing six people and injuring over a hundred. Apart from Sameer Kulkarni, BJP MP from Bhopal Pragya Thakur, Lt. Col. Prasad Purohit, Major (Retd.) Ramesh Upadhyay, Sudhakar Chaturvedi, Ajay Rahilkar and Sudhakar Chaturvedi are accused in the case and have been charged with murder, abetment and conspiracy for the blast.NIA informed the High Court in the previous hearing that the trial is set to resume on a day to day basis in December. Moreover, out of the 400 witnesses, 140 have been examined. The trial got stalled as the presiding judge was transferred and the new judge was not able to take charge because of Covid-19. Next Storylast_img read more


first_img By Tommie Lee – April 7, 2021 4 287 Notre Dame to require COVID vaccines for all students in the fall WhatsApp Pinterest (Tommie Lee/MNC) The University of Notre Dame says all students will be required to have the COVID-19 vaccine for the fall semester.From the University of Notre Dame:The University of Notre Dame will require all students — undergraduate, graduate and professional — returning to campus for the fall 2021 semester to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the University’s executive officers — President Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., Charles and Jill Fischer Provost Marie Lynn Miranda and Executive Vice President Shannon Cullinan — wrote in a letter sent today to the campus community. The University will accommodate documented medical or religious exemptions.“The safety of the University and local communities is always our highest priority,” Father Jenkins said. “Requiring students to be vaccinated for COVID-19 is a new and important addition to our health policies, one that we believe will enhance public health at Notre Dame and in our community, while also contributing to our ability to return to a more vibrant campus environment.”The announcement comes in advance of the University opening a clinic Thursday (April 8) with the Pfizer-BioNTech two-dose vaccine, making it especially easy for current students to meet the vaccine requirement.The vaccination clinic will use the Compton Family Ice Arena and will administer first doses from April 8 to 15, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Second doses will be administered from April 29 to May 6.In their letter, the executive officers encouraged students to be vaccinated at the on-campus clinic in the days and weeks ahead. They indicated that officials with the Indiana Department of Health have assured the University that there will be ample supply to fully inoculate the student body and any faculty and staff who have not yet been vaccinated.The University’s leaders also encouraged anyone on campus who has been vaccinated to register their status through an online tool.The University currently requires enrolled students to be immunized for hepatitis B, meningitis, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus and chicken pox, and last fall required all students to receive the flu vaccine, again with medical and religious exemptions. WhatsApp Facebook Google+ Pinterest CoronavirusIndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market Facebook Twitter Twitter Previous articleTwo people recovering after shooting on North Frances Street in South BendNext articleFire at the Forest River Plant in Elkhart Tommie Lee Google+last_img read more

Recent Comments