Hundreds of members of the New Generation International Ministries, wearing black, over the weekend tearfully protested in front of the Hope for Women Hospital in Paynesville, against what they called the “wrongful death” of their founder and senior pastor, Rev. Desiree P.G. Fahnbulleh.The weeping and angry congregation called for the closure of the Hope for Women Hospital as “justice for death of Rev. Fahnbulleh,” who spent over 15 years in the ministry.Rev. Simeon L. Dunbar, the Senior Pastor of the Liberty Christian Church and Head of the Heal the Land Prayer Network, and Deacon Larry Fahnbulleh – husband of the deceased – and other pastors, were in attendance.Rev. Fahnbulleh, 40, died on Thursday, December 8 at the Hope for Women Hospital during childbirth. Her baby survived. She is survived by five children: Alvin, 17, Delvin, 13, Jevee, 4, Simeon, 2, and Kim (10 days old), her husband Deacon Larry Fahnbulleh; several spiritual children and her spiritual parents, Rev. and Mother Simeon L. Dunbar. Meanwhile, at a press conference in the edifice of the Church in the Twelve Houses community, Paynesville, Rev. Dunbar and Deacon Fahnbulleh accused “Dr. Wilhelmina Jallah and Dr. Laurena Cooper” of the death of Rev. Fahnbulleh, owing to “unprofessional medical advice and a surgical mistake.”Pregnancy Prevention LetdownRev. Dunbar and Deacon Fahnbulleh told newsmen that in 2014, Dr. Jallah had medically advised Rev. Fahnbulleh that owing to her two-time childbirth by cesarean section (C-section), it was prudent that she stopped having children, which she accepted.Deacon Fahnbulleh said: “My wife and I agreed with advice from others, and Dr. Jallah did the surgery for Tubal Ligations or tying her tubes to prevent her from getting pregnant. We agreed because Dr. Jallah told us that it is 99.5 percent effective.” “Unfortunately, in May 2016, when Rev. Fahnbulleh went to the same hospital, she was pronounced four months pregnant. I almost sued Dr. Jallah for the surgical error which allowed my wife to get pregnant again.”Rev. Dunbar stated: “Because Dr. Jallah had medically assured Rev. Fahnbulleh and her husband that she would ensure her safe delivery, she discouraged Rev. Fahnbulleh from going to Ghana to seek medical treatment. Dr. Jallah has her medical file, and realizing that they were denied visas to go to the USA, I advised them based on their decision that they made to stay and trust Dr. Jallah,” Rev. Dunbar said.‘Abandoned’They also stated that in November, Rev. Fahnbulleh was examined and told that she would give birth by December 10. “Surprisingly on December 4, a nurse called Rev. Fahnbulleh to tell her that Dr. Jallah would be travelling for an important visit and return on December 12. We felt Dr. Jallah had abandonedRev. Fahnbulleh after giving assurance of being responsible for her delivery,” Rev. Dunbar said. “Since December, my wife had been visiting the hospital frequently and we had been in prayer to buy time since Dr. Jallah had abandoned her.”‘Hijacked Surgery’Deacon Fahnbulleh told journalists that on Thursday, December 8, his wife (Rev. Fahnbulleh) was “hijacked to undergo surgery” without his consent or anybody’s approval.He added: “When I went to the hospital, my wife was already in the Emergency Room and in a state of confusion I was given a paper to sign an approval for the surgery while she was already there. I signed to avoid further argument and later I was told to sign where my wife should have signed.“Again, after an argument, and to avoid any further argument because my wife was already in the ER, I wrote her name where she should have signed.“Later, we were told the child was safe, but observing the reactions from the nurses, I knew something was wrong. But we were not told that my wife was dead until the following morning at about10:00am that she died yesterday (Thursday) from heart failure – which I seriously challenged.” For his part, Rev. Dorbor said the “Church would continue to protest until the government closes down the hospital or Dr. Jallah explains actually what happened in the ER.”Dr. Jallah Extends CondolencesIn an interview with reporters on Sunday, December 18, Dr. Jallah extended her condolences to “Mr. Fahnbulleh, the deceased’s husband, the children and the church for the death of Rev. Fahnbulleh…” and “prayed for God to strengthen them.”Dr. Jallah said the protest by church members is misinterpretation of their work after they tirelessly tried to save Rev. Fahnbulleh’s life.“God knows in our heart that the surgeons did their best to save her life,” Dr. Jallah stated. “And let me apologize for not calling them but I am not running away, because I did no wrong; and I know they will understand it, as the scriptures say, by and by.”She added: “In any death situation, a family grieves, wanting to find answers, and they take actions; and God knows that doctors wouldn’t take anyone’s life. And because of that some things are misinterpreted.” Dr. Wilhelmina Jallah is the former head of obstetrics and gynecology at the John F. Kennedy Medical Center in Monrovia, and now Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and founder of Hope for Women Hospital.Hope for Women Hospital was initially set up in 2010 to provide free medical help to women who suffer from cancer and later its services were extended to cover other medical conditions. It has two ambulances and a number of professional doctors that provide services to thousands of Liberians. It is gradually becoming one of Liberia’s important health care centers which people from all walks of life seek medical care.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Investigations are continuing into a traffic accident which left an 84 year old woman seriously ill in hospital.We reported last night how the woman was rushed to hospital after an incident outside Black’s Centra Shop in Letterkenny.Traffic restrictions continued this morning as Garda forensics officers carried out a thorough investigation into the incident. The road has now been re-opened.Traffic coming from the Newmils direction in being diverted at Newmills Bridge and across the Bomany Road.It is believed the woman suffered a head injury. Gardai are still investigating whether or not she was hit by a car. She may have fallen over.Last night’s report. https://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/03/28/pensioner-84-suffers-head-injuries-in-accident/ INVESTIGATIONS CONTINUE INTO LETTERKENNY ACCIDENT, ROAD NOW OPEN was last modified: March 29th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:accidentBlack’s Centra ShopINVESTIGATIONS CONTINUE INTO LETTERKENNY ACCIDENTletterkennyROAD NOW OPEN
“You have to be careful not to mistake seasonal fluctuations for underlying trends,” Bazdarich said. This quarter’s forecast looks at California and the nation, but did not include the Los Angeles metro area. That will resume in the 2006 first quarter. Both outlooks call for moderate job growth, with the strongest occurring this year then tapering off through 2007. Nationally, job growth will soften but won’t go negative, thus a recession is not looming on the two-year event horizon. And while the California outlook mirrors the nation’s, the scale is balanced between optimism and pessimism. For example, economist Ryan Ratcliff, who wrote the California outlook, notes that some housing markets are slowing while others remain strong. Job growth is weakening, but taxable sales and personal income remain strong. “In this ambiguous setting, assessing the health of the California economy boils down to your own state of mind: Is the glass half empty or half full?” he wrote. He also said that the trend for employment in the state is moving from “mediocre to down right ugly.” After a growth spurt in July and August, it’s slowed to a crawl. In September and August payroll employment grew by 9,300 jobs versus 44,800 in the year ago period. That’s due in large part to the information sector, which includes the big Los Angeles-based entertainment component. In the first half of the year, it added 24,000 jobs on the strength of television-driven surge in motion picture and sound recording jobs. That represented 22 percent of California’s non-farm payroll gains. Since July, 17,000 of those jobs in the Los Angeles area vanished, said UCLA’s analysis. That’s the half empty take. On the other hand, gains in personal income, taxable sales and general fund revenues add up to a vessel half full. Taxable sales in the state for the second quarter, the latest available, are up an annual 8 percent and personal income increased 6.4 percent. And California should end the 2005-2006 fiscal year with a $1.2 billion general fund reserve. UCLA cautions about getting giddy over the latter, even though some believe this will result in a budget surplus next summer. “Don’t buy the hype,” Ratcliff cautions. That’s because state revenues still fall short of spending so the general fund reserve will just be exhausted a year later than anticipated. Jack Kyser, chief economist at the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corp., is a little more optimistic about job growth – 1.6 percent this year and next – than the Anderson economists. But he, too, believes housing prices will level out. “If you look at the major industries around the state the situation is pretty optimistic. Tech is doing well, international trade should continue to do well as well as travel and aerospace,” he said. Gregory J. Wilcox, (818) 713-3743 [email protected] 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBlues bury Kings early with four first-period goals Anderson economists initially expected the residential real estate market turn to start in the middle of last year, then in September pushed it back to early 2006. Indicators still say it’s coming, it’s just the timing that’s in question. But Southern California’s strong market and others in the state are likely in for a ripple rather than a shake. Across most of Southern California home sales have been looking good. There is evidence of slowing nationally. We have not seen that in California, said Michael Bazdarich, a senior Anderson economist who wrote the real estate assessment. Sales are on a record pace across the state and in Los Angeles County this year, and while they are expected to fall next year, they should still be at a high level, most market watchers concur. This fall autumn sales are running under year-ago levels and annual price appreciation has moderated in most areas. But it is still in the mid-teens for the state and region. The housing market also typically cools in the third and fourth quarters. A long-anticipated decline in the housing market should arrive next year but it won’t be as severe in Southern California as elsewhere in the nation, nor should it trigger a recession, according a widely watched UCLA forecast that will be released today. The fourth quarter Anderson Forecast is slightly more optimistic than three months ago but much more so than at this time last year. Economists then believed that the nation could sink into recession as the housing market contracted. Now UCLA expects California to have anemic growth across the economy for the next two years and sidestep a recession. Meanwhile, home prices should plateau and the pace of new home construction moderate. For California, job growth of 1.6 percent is expected this year, slip to 1.1 percent in 2006 and 0.8 percent in 2007. By comparison, growth rates for the nation are expected to be 1.6 percent, 1.2 percent and 0.9 percent over that time frame.