Call: 0123456789 | Email: info@example.com

Month: December 2020


first_imgAs part of their emergency plan schools started handing out food to students this week. They say so far everything is going well. “It’s been smooth it’s been very smooth. I think that we have a lot of caring adults who love these kids so everyone is going above and beyond to make sure we got everybody covered and every family too,” said Horace Mann Elementary School Principal Peter Stewart. “Things are going great. It took a couple days to really get our rhythm down, but now things are going smoothly. The staff is up and running, they know what they need to do to take care of our kids. We’re doing great, we’re feeding anywhere from 8 to 10 thousand kids at this time,” said BOCES Senior Director of Food Services Mark Bordeau. “In Binghamton we’re one big family. This school district, we love these kids like our own kids. Every day we come to work we try to give them our best. So for me, this is what it’s all about. This is why I got into this kind of work,” said Stewart. “We’re geared up to have food for two to three weeks. We’ve already reached out to our vendors to bring new supplies of food in. So, we’re good until April 14th,” said Bordeau. BINGHAMTON (WBNG) — During this pandemic everything has happened quickly, posing a challenge for many, especially schools.center_img In a challenging time for all, hard work and a sense of community are two things everyone can count on. BOCES officials have enough food between their vendors and local restaurants to serve meals well into April. “The cafeteria staff, they have a special spot in my heart. The work they do every single day, they didn’t question. They came in at 4:30-5 o’clock in the morning, they’re working hard,” said Bordeau. Each individual school is making sure they have enough staff on hand to serve all families.last_img read more


first_imgThe Sheriff’s Office says, 16 year-old Elena M. Moose has been missing since Tuesday. 2:08 P.M. UPDATE: They say if anyone has any information in regards to knowing where she is, you are to call them at 607-778-8861. FENTON (WBNG) — The Broome County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public’s help in finding a missing teen. She is 5 foot 4 inches and 130 pounds. She was last seen wearing a red jacket and leggings. The Sheriff’s Office says she may be in the Jamestown or the Ogdensburg New York area. Moose is described to be a white female with blue eyes and brown hair. FENTON (WBNG) — The Broome County Sheriff’s Office says Moose has been found and is returned to their residence. —–last_img


first_imgAnyone wishing to donate PPE after Friday may do so by dropping it off at the Emergency Services facility at 3006 Wayne St. in Endwell. There are 103 active cases of the coronavirus in Broome County. (WBNG) — Broome County Executive Jason Garnar says the state allowing in-person visits to car dealerships will help the county economy. Garnar says the county has received over 275,000 PPE from donations. Garnar says car dealerships generate “a lot” of sales-tax revenue that the county depends on. Coronavirus numbers: Additionally, Garnar says the PPE drop of location at the old Macy’s building in the Oakdale will close after 2:30 p.m. Friday.center_img Broome County May 7 coronavirus update 231 people have recovered from the virus and 23 people have died. The hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. beginning Monday. County updates: For a map detailing where specific cases are located, click here.last_img read more


first_imgThe superintendent said he loves seeing increased civic engagment, and hopes this trend will continue in years to come. Superintendent Jason Van Fossen told 12 News this is the first year all residents have had to vote on the budget by absentee ballot.Van Fossen said typically the district has 800-1000 people vote on its budget; already, more than four thousand ballots have been delivered. ENDWELL (WBNG) — The Maine-Endwell Central School District is embracing the changes the coronavirus pandemic has created. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo issued an executive order stating schools will be allowed to hold a second vote, as is typical, if their first budget is defeated. Previously, multiple districts told 12 News they were unsure if they would have to immediately adopt a contingency budget, which would result in large cuts.center_img I asked @MECSDSpartans Superintendent @VanFossenJason today about civic engagement in the middle of this pandemic, and his answer below is well worth the listen. My full story tonight at 6 on @WBNG12News pic.twitter.com/HtvUci3lTg— Josh Rosenblatt (@JRosenblattTV) June 11, 2020 “Even if it means a defeated budget, if the people we talk, we have to follow what it is they say,” Van Fossen said Thursday. “If this process has created more interest, that’s fantastic, and I hope the residual effect is more people vote.”last_img read more